You want to lose weight, but you do not want to give up all good food along the way. You might not associate Mexican cuisine with weight-loss, and yet some dishes can be weight-friendly because of the chocolate they contain. The following guide will help you choose the right foods and show you how chocolate can be helpful.
Chocolate Is Your Friend
Yes, the reason that you may want to consider adding Mexican food to your diet (every now and then) is because several items contain dark chocolate. Believe it or not, chocolate can help you lose weight in the following ways:
- Chocolate contains several active ingredients. Some of these ingredients help lower your blood pressure due to its energy-regulation game. Your body will crave less food if it feels it does not need energy.
- You should also know that chocolate contains several flavonoids. Flavonoids should help reduce insulin resistance. This means that your body will crave less food, including carbohydrates.
- Another study found that some of the ingredients in chocolate should help with digestion. This happens because chocolate directly affects your body's ability to process certain fatty acids. Your body should signal that you feel full sooner, which should help keep your food intake at low.
- Chocolate also contains polyphenols, which have a strong positive effect on the brain and your mood. This is important because some people like to eat when they are anxious or unhappy. Chocolate helps curve that emotional state and keep you from eating because of how you feel.
As you can see, there are several reasons why chocolate may be helpful for weight loss. Just try to eat dark chocolate or raw chocolate, as the aforementioned ingredients are more concentrated.
Authentic Mexican Food & Chocolate
Chocolate is an integral part of traditional Mexican food and the following guide should help you choose foods that are infused with chocolate:
- Mole: This is a dark and somewhat spicy sauce that is full of dark chocolate.
- Hot Chocolate: The next thing to consider is drinking a little dark chocolate. This drink usually comes with cinnamon as well.
- Tamales con mole: These are nothing more than regular tamales, except they contain a little mole.
- Chocolate Flan: This is a delectable dessert filled with chocolate.
As you can see, dealing with your weight does not mean that you have to give up all foods. You should also consider asking your waiter or waitress at authentic mexican restaurants about other meals that contain chocolate, too.